Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Judge





I've been assigned a new judge in the Murmansk court. Good luck? Bad luck? Who knows.... as the Buddha said. My adoption agency and I are hoping for a turn of good luck, of course, and a judge who doesn't ask for documents that are impossible to provide.

Lately it's like I've switched the channel and not been allowing myself to tune into Daniil at all. The ongoing disappointment has just been too much to bear and I'd rather check out than fall into full despair. I still say good morning to my boy and send him good wishes, but from one step removed. A heart can be on pins and needles for only so long before it starts to weep.

But with this news today about the new judge, my heart did a little leap. Perhaps, perhaps... this summer, perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment