Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Petition to Adopt

I've submitted some 40 different documents to the Russian Federation, all required to be considered for adoption. One of the most important is the "Petition to Adopt" which outlines Daniil's family history and medical diagnoses. I was allowed to submit one short paragraph explaining my reasons for wanting to adopt Daniil. Here it is.

I personally met Daniil and want to adopt him because…

… in the words of the Director of the Apatity Baby Home: “This boy is open to life and open to love. He is ready to love and be loved.” What magnificent statements, and so true. I, too, am open to life, to love, and have long desired to be a parent. I am overjoyed by the prospect of building a family with Daniil. I look forward to loving and nurturing his unique personality, abilities, interests, needs, sense of humor, and spirit. I got a wonderful sense of Daniil while in Apatity. He is a beautiful, multi-dimensional 2.5 year old boy. I anticipate the joy of introducing him to the countless wonders of the world: to family and friends, to music and the arts, to oceans and mountains, to play and wonder, to literature, knowledge and education. I look forward to equipping Daniil with intellectual, social and physical tools to find a purposeful, meaningful way in the world, and to change the world for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment