Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Midnite on the Water

The judge reviewed my resubmission and has asked for more paperwork. "Insufficient evidence," she said. I can supply her with what she wants--it will take several weeks to get the required documents, have them notarized, apostilled and then translated into Russian--but fear she will never be satisfied and that we'll play this back-and-forth game endlessly. My adoption agency recommends that we resubmit to the court my entire dossier, as it currently stands, in hopes of landing a new, more reasonable judge. Potential downsides: time. The time it takes for my dossier to get reassigned and the time it takes for dossier to rise to the top of a new judge's docket. Plus there's no guarantee: I may get reassigned the same exact judge.

This morning, before getting this news, I felt buoyantly hopeful, sure this was the day I'd be assigned a court date and could make travel plans to bring home Daniil. Now I feel deflated.

Tonight I found solace, after a day of heavy-heartedness, in playing a fiddle tune, the beautiful waltz Midnite on the Water. I needed to turn off my brain (left hemisphere) and sink into another world (right hemisphere), pass into an other-worldly place altogether. Here is a video of my fiddle teacher, Brittany Haas, playing this tune for me at a lesson.

I will carry on, of course.

(Click triangle, bottom left corner)

No comments:

Post a Comment