Saturday, June 12, 2010

Yellow PJs


It's starting to feel like just an idea, this adoption, something I simply talk about in response to everyone's question: "So is there any new news on the adoption?" Something I call up my adoption agency about every day and ask: "So is there any new news from Russia?" Something divorced from an actual little boy, right now I trust fast asleep in his little bed in a room with 14 other children, his little breath going in and out, in and out, wearing perhaps the pair of soft yellow pajamas that were folded on his bed when Mom and I visited the baby home back in February.

I want to reassuringly touch that little sleeping boy's hair and sweetly kiss him on the cheek and feel and smell the warmth of that cheek and smile into his pretty blue eyes when he wakes up. "Doe-bry-utra, solnyshko. Ya tebya lou-blue." (Good morning, little sushine. I love you.)

I'm tired of the waiting. I'm ready to make this real.

No comments:

Post a Comment