Friday, August 6, 2010

Da! Judge Rules Yes


Da, da, da! Yes, yes, yes! It's official. Daniil has a forever Mom. And I, a forever son, a blessing. Oh, happy day! Or in the words of an unrestrained Facebook friend: "Holy shit!" And another: "Speechless." And another: "Horns are blowing."
l
Ground-breakingly short 2.5 hour court hearing. I testified, along with the Baby Home director and the inspector from a state agency akin to our DSS. Cross examinations by the judge and state prosecutor. After a 15-minute recess and deliberation, the judge granted my petition to adopt Daniil.
l
Daniil is being issued a brand new birth certificate. I pick this up, along with my son, after a 10-day waiting period required of all adoptive families, whether Russian or foreign.
l
New name: Daniil Titus Sjostrom
New mother: Lisa Anne Sjostrom
Date of birth the same: May 8, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment