Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day at Pre-School




Daniil spent four hours at the Laurel School today. I was with him the entire time. He took to school like a hawk to an updraft, shifting effortlessly from task to task. I plan to ease him in over the next month, just two days per week to start, so that by the time I have to return to work, he'll be ready to spend entire days without me. Honestly, the thought of leaving my boy at school from 7AM to 4PM makes me want to weep. But such is the requirement of single motherhood. At least Daniil will be with a caring teacher and the most lovely little playmates. Three year olds lay it all out on the line, holding nothing back: their hearts, their vulnerabilities, their humor, their curiosity, their impulsiveness. We adults have a lot to learn from them about being in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment