Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PreSchool

Choosing a college? It's got to be a cinch compared to all we've been through choosing a pre-school. Finally. Eight weeks and 15 schools later, I've landed on the Sandwich Montessori School. Will this be the perfect fit for my son? I don't pretend to know what that would look like at this point, only 9+ weeks into mothering Daniil. I do know that the teachers are skilled and caring and communicate constantly, the environment is inviting and stimulating, and that there will be small chance that Daniil will grow bored and restless, as he seemed at the first school we checked out.

Daniil starts next week. I'll have two weeks to ease him into school, into his morning nanny, and into his afternoon pick-up with another Montessori family who lives in the neighborhood, before I return to work full time.

More later on the countless things I've learned along the way about early childhood education. For now, I'm simply exhausted--and relieved to know my son has an educational home.
l
Like everything else right now in my new "life with boy"--and perhaps in all of our lives--this school is an experiment. I've taken the best action I know how and now turn over the results. It will be interesting to see what happens... May there be joy and light and ease during this next major transition both for Daniil and for me, a first-time Mama who is learning many ropes fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment