Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sanctuary


We've been twice to the antique carousel at Heritage Gardens in Sandwich. The gardens are proving to be a godsend to me, acres and acres of arboretum with choice conifers, towering deciduous trees, winding lanes (no cars!), quiet, exquisite breathing room. I feel a sense of renewal simply driving down the road to get there. How I need sanctuary, especially now that it's "boy: 24/7." If I ever get around to writing a book about this experience, that might make a good title.
l
More on sanctuary in a future posting. Once again it grows late, nearly midnight, and Daniil and I have a big day tomorrow: his first Suzuki violin lesson. This will be an experiment. At 3.5, he may or may not be able to concentrate and hold it together. But he sure is keen on the violin, pretending often that his right-hand index finger is a tiny bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment