Friday, July 16, 2010

Paperwork Ended!



Judge #2 accepted all of my paperwork and she has requested the final child documents from the Russian Federation. Soon, I'd expect within a week or two, I should receive a date to go to court, have parental rights transferred to me, and then bring Daniil home.
l
I've emerged from the maze of red tape, unscathed, and am ready to start the hard, joyous work of motherhood. But let me rephrase that statement. These past three years, dealing with the governments and politics of Nepal and Russia surely qualify as a start, yes? A hard and trying start.
l
Now for the joyous part. My God, I'm going to be a Mommy to a living, breathing, feeling, thinking, rambunctious little boy who doesn't yet speak a word of English, but packs a tremendous presence. Take a moment to really take in this photo of Daniil in motion. That's my intense little son. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment