Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Striped Pants, Matching Suspenders



My fashionable boy, he's is fit for display on The Sartorialist. Striped pants with matching suspenders, and a crisp white hat to cap it off: Madison Avenue, watch out. (Do check out The Satorialist, if you're not already acquainted with this marvelous, frivolous fashion blog.)
l
The photo was taken on July 6, just last week, by Jane Barney, another adoptive mom who was visiting Apatity along with her husband to meet their 16-month-old daughter Dasha for the first time. Jane and I were put in touch by MAPS, the adoption agency we share in common. Jane got permission to take a few photos of Daniil to send to me and carried over on the plane a gift bag full of little presents from me for my boy: paper-bag puppets made by kids from my school, a musical Hallmark card featuring the Peanuts piano theme, a twisty Winnie-the-Pooh straw, a small album featuring photos of Daniil and Mamma (taken when we met in February), and 2 hot wheels cars. Jane says that the cars--surprise, surprise--were the biggest hit. Daniil is holding a red one in his right hand. In his left he carries the gift bag.
l
Daniil's growing. He's adorable. I want him here in my arms, and pulling Frieda's tail, and jumping on my big bed, and squealing through the sprinkler in the back yard. Judge #2 receives all of my paperwork in 2 days. Fingers crossed, heart open, that she rules with a sense of both compassion and justice. And godspeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment